Current Version: 1.5.2
WP What’s New is a WordPress plugin/widget which displays new and recently updated static WordPress pages in your sidebar. For an example of how this plugin works, just look at the sidebar on the right side of this page.
Here’s how to set it up:
- Download the WP What’s New plugin from here to a folder on your PC.
- Install the WP What’s New plugin from the WordPress Dashboard using Plugins/Add New.
- Activate the WP What’s New plugin.
- Add the WP What’s New widget to your site’s sidebar using Appearance/Widgets.
- Configure the WP What’s New plugin.
Of course, these instructions assume you know something about WordPress and how to install WordPress plugins.
Here is the configuration screen for the WP What’s New plugin:
- Title – enter the title that will appear in the sidebar.
- Number of Days – enter the number of days worth of new or recently updated pages you wish displayed in the sidebar.
- Number of Items – enter the maximum number of new or recently updated pages you wish displayed in the sidebar.
Note that this plugin only displays static WordPress pages. Blog posts are not displayed, but the plugin could be easily modified to do so.
See license here.